While the Barrett-Jackson Car Auction is world renowned, there are some little-known aspects of the company behind it and the auction itself. In honor of Kersten’s Antique’s first attendance of the auction in Las Vegas next month, here is a list of what people might not know about the famous event:
1. Barrett-Jackson has a Factory Five “build-it-yourself” 1935 Hot Rod Truck kit for sale on the brand’s website. It includes the engine mounts, transmission mounts, and exhaust, but the rest is customizable. However, it does cost a pretty $34,990.
2. Though the auction is known for auctioning classic cars iconic to US history, the auction as a whole includes a multitude of authentic pieces from America’s automobilia and motoring past. One of the most notable and recurring items in these auction collections is Bibendum, aka the Michelin Man. An 1898 poster of this century-old character sold for nearly $7,000 at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction this year. Other items of automobilia that have appeared at the auction besides the cars themselves are vintage gas pumps and neon signs.
3. The Barrett-Jackson Collection Showroom offers repair, maintenance, detailing, and restoration services for any car, not just ones that will be included in the auctions.
4. The Barrett-Jackson Showroom has an inventory of cars for sale other than ones up for action. Recent cars include a 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Custom Coupe and a 1970 Plymouth ‘Cuda.
5. As with most high-value antiques items, insurance plays a role in protecting their values if damaged or stolen. Barrett-Jackson endorses insurance companies. Beginning in 2009, the Barrett-Jackson Endorsed Insurance Program supports the collector lifestyle for cars, but also for other forms of transportation and even jewelry. BridgePoint Risk Management and AIG Private Client Group are the primary carriers with Barrett-Jackson. For more detailed information on how Barrett-Jackson helps collectors of multiple valuable material items, visit this link: https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Media/Home/Reader/classic-car-insurance-....